Material Handler/Forklift Operator
Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Warehouse Material Handler
Area Leader, Logistics
NUMBER OF OPENINGS
COMPENSATION BASE RATE
$20.96/hr base rate
Rotational Adder ($1.75/hr)
($2,000 Sign On Bonus After 1 Month of Employment)
($1,000 Retention Bonus) $500 BONUS AFTER 3 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT,
ADDITIONAL $500 BONUS AFTER 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT!
- Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods which comply
with all food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and supports the J.M. Smucker Longmont safety
program policies and performs work related activities in a safe
manner. Recognizes unsafe working conditions and suggests new
safety standards as appropriate.
- Ensures timely loading and unloading of all materials on a
forklift, based on schedule.
- Coordinates storage and handling of all materials including
tagging, data input, and deposit.
- Ensures carrier inspections are conducted and documented.
- Supports material release/hold system.
- Supports material systems (WMS, etc.).
- Has capability to perform shipping, receiving, and general
warehouse tasks in both ambient and frozen temperatures.
- Helps coordinate sustainability load outs.
- Submits improvements for work processes.
- Follows safety protocols around warehouse and forklift
- Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) standards for
- Performs line delivery when needed to ensure that operating
lines are fully stocked.
- Has and maintains a safe forklift driving record.
- Maintains an assigned sanitation schedule.
- Supports plant and department work systems.
- Provides accurate data entry and feedback reference supplier
and carrier delivery performance.
- Is WMS proficient and acts as a resource for others.
- Is qualified and active in key element/functional leadership
- Understands staging loads and demonstrates ability to perform
- Other duties as assigned. SELECTION CRITERIA
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates, technical degree or training is preferred
- Prior forklift experience is required.
- Prior training on dock equipment (truck restraints, chocks,
trailer stands, dock levelers, doors, etc.) preferred. LANGUAGE
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as a
safety rules, FMPs, and general instructions. Good communication
skills are required both verbally and written. Ability to use a
computer and input data required for production. REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to perform critical thinking skills to problem solve
and resolve conflicts. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions and duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and life. The employee is required to
stand and walk at minimum 90% of the time.
- The employee must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, days
- The employees must occasionally life/push/pull or carry up to
50 pounds and should be able to lift 35-50 pounds on a frequent
- The employee must be able to squat or kneel and to bend on a
- The employee must be able to work in a cold (-10 degrees F)
freezer environment on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to tolerate exposure to flour and
yeast, oils, and peanut butter as well as other materials.
- The employee must be able to climb steps on a frequent
- May be required to enter confined spaces occasionally.
- Repetitive motion, reaching, handling/feeling frequently
(60-90% of the time).
- Hearing protection required. VISION
- Employee is required to have a minimum of 20/40 vision in each
eye with or without corrective lenses. The applicant must pass a
standard eye exam. SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job
functions identified above consistent with safety standards and
practices with or without reasonable accommodation. OTHER
- Willing to work a flexible rotating schedule and overtime as
- Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety
policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMPs) and general instructions.
- Able to understand and carry out both oral and written
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to learn
company-specific systems and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to give and
- Ability to perform the essential job functions outlined above
consistent with safety standards and practices.
- Ability to understand and use proper personal protective
equipment for the area.
- Detail oriented and able to see projects through to
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and able to
effectively multi-task and meet deadlines
- Able to work both independently and on a team.
- Physical requirements of the job include the ability to:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel,
squat, and climb
- Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel
- Ability to regularly work in a frozen warehouse (-10 degrees F)
as their primary work location.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS (INTERNAL) MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING
REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE:
Current job attendance and performance at a satisfactory level.
Must have a minimum of 1 year in the core (make/pack/ship) since
last Operational Support role. Must apply through Workday and
submit a current updated and relevant resume with your application.
Your manager will be contacted to discuss relevant experience,
skills, and performance. You must notify your manager regarding
your application. Transfer dates will be determined on an
individual basis based on factors such as the urgency to fill the
position, status of the employee's present position, and difficulty
in filling the employee's present skills. Roles will be posted for
a 7-day period on the Company Bulletin Board and an All Plant email
notification of a new posting. Employees will be given a 3-day time
period to accept the role. Internal Announcements will be posted by
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Longmont , Material Handler/Forklift Operator, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...