Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Company: The J.M. Smucker Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
NUMBER OF OPENINGS
COMPENSATION BASE RATE
Technician 3 ($28.41/hour) or Technician 4 ($36.67/hour)
Rotational Adder ($1.75/hour)
- Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods which comply
with all food safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and supports company and site safety policies and
performs work related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes
unsafe work conditions and behaviors and engages with co-workers to
ensure conditions and behaviors comply with policies. Suggests
changes to safety policies as appropriate
- Performs the necessary activities to operate, maintain, and
clean production equipment.
- Understands, follows, and improves documented operational,
maintenance, and sanitation standards in a Good Manufacturing
Practice (GMP) work environment.
- Performs equipment changeovers and sanitation activities.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities, work orders, and
lubrication in a timely manner to maximize performance of plant
equipment. Improves and modifies preventative maintenance
activities as appropriate.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and/or replaces complex
processing and packaging equipment including: Mechanical components
such as conveyor belts, bearings, motors, pulleys, shafts,
gearboxes, etc. Pneumatic components such as air cylinders,
diverters, hoses, regulators, pumps, valves, etc.
- Utilizes drawings, prints, and instruction manuals to determine
proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance,
troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Coaches other team members on technical skills, machine
functionality, defect identification and resolution, and equipment
- Active participant in training and qualification programs for
designated line/area. Participates in assessments, ensures
effective training, and maintains consistent qualification
- Uses continuous improvement tools, including breakdown
elimination, to eliminate losses and drive issues to root cause;
documents, communicates, and implements corrective and preventative
- Serves as owner of one or more technical, safety, or quality
systems and is responsible for building technician skill and
providing ongoing coaching.
- Creates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, PM
- Increases skills and knowledge by attending technical training
sessions, participating in vendor visits, and scheduled maintenance
- Uses a computer to input and maintain accurate records and
data. Can utilize email and online training resources.
- Maintains accurate electronic database of repair and
maintenance activities, including parts usage and time
- Facilitates effective shift pass down with the prior/next shift
to discuss safety, quality, and production issues.
- Lead projects to improve safety, quality, and production
results in a designated area.
- Works as part of a team and assists fellow employees as
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates, technical degree or training is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of mechanical or maintenance experience in a
manufacturing environment is required.
- Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts and overtime as
- Willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Willing to travel for training (2 trips, 8 days each), once
travel is permitted.
- Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety
policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMPs), and general instructions.
- Able to understand and carry out both oral and written
- Good communication skills, including the ability to give and
- Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated
- Able to set and meet goals.
- Able to prioritize and manage workload in a changing
- Able to work both independently and on a team.
- Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards
for safety, quality, and reliability and drive improvements.
- Able to make data driven decisions and engage others as
- Basic mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills.
- Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office
- Able to learn company specific computer systems, including
maintenance enterprise system.
- Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in
accordance with safety standards and practices.
- Physical requirements of the job include the ability to:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel,
squat, and climb
- Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS (INTERNAL) MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING
REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE:
Current job attendance and performance at a satisfactory level
Must have a minimum of 1 year in the core (make/pack/ship) since
last Operational Support role.
Must apply through Workday and submit a current updated and
relevant resume with your application. Your manager will be
contacted to discuss relevant experience, skills, and
You must notify your manager regarding your application.
Transfer dates will be determined on an individual basis based on
factors such as the urgency to fill the position, status of the
employee's present position, and difficulty in filling the
employee's present skills.
Roles will be posted for a 7-day period on the Company Bulletin
Board and an All Plant email notification of a new posting.
Employees will be given a 3-day time period to accept the role.
Internal Announcements will be posted by Site HR.
Keywords: The J.M. Smucker Company, Longmont , Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!