Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Pay: $31.25 - $35.50 per hour
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
--- Paid time off --- Paid holidays --- 401(k)
--- 401(k) matching --- Health Insurance --- Dental Insurance
--- Vision Insurance --- Life Insurance --- Flexible spending
--- Health savings account --- Tuition Reimbursement --- Reduced
--- Employee discount --- Employee assistance program --- Pet
--- Disability Insurance --- Paid training --- Other benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the
largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in
the United States. We excel at providing technological solutions to
over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to
fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical
Tests manufacturing processes and process improvements developed by
Manufacturing Engineering and R&D Hardware departments for
implementation in manufacturing. Provides support for computer
related issues in the Manufacturing department. Provides sustaining
support for all electronic production engineering functions in
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines how manufacturing processes for new and existing
products can be successfully implemented for high-volume
- Evaluates new parts and products against manufacturing
- Provides sustaining support for all electronic engineering
production functions in manufacturing.
- Troubleshoots computer-related issues within the Internal
- Researches and recommends systems enhancements, including
software and hardware upgrades, to improve the performance and
reliability of manufacturing computer systems.
- Proactively researches new computer-based technologies and
software in order to generate cost and/or labor saving
- Trains personnel to operate test equipment. Trains technicians
in failure analysis techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or
related field or High School Diploma/GED and equivalent
- Five years of experience in an electronic manufacturing
- At least three years of experience with digital, analog and
radio frequency technology.
- Five years of experience with programming languages such as
Labview, Basic and C.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to read and understand simple to complex assembly
procedures, drawings and schematics.
- Ability to recognize acceptable and defective assemblies from
procedures and drawings.
- Good soldering skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of Company developed software for
manufacturing assembly and test processes.
- Good customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of computer systems.
- Working knowledge of computer networks and networked
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Working Conditions: Encountered on a regular basis as part of the
work this job performs.
- Use of standard office equipment such as copier, computer,
keyboard, telephone and fax machine.
- Use of soldering iron, oscilloscope, de-soldering iron, small
hand tools, power tools and electronic test equipment.
- Close vision at 20 inches or less, the ability to identify and
distinguish colors and the ability to adjust focus to assemble
small parts under a magnifying lamp.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds to move product and
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term and Whole life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program with a company match
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Longmont , TEST TECHNICIAN, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!