Production Associate III Lead
Company: Metromedia Technologies
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Circle Graphics is the world's foremost producer of grand and
large-format digital graphics. We are an industry leader in
creating innovative products for outdoor advertising, business
signage, wall decor, art reproduction, and the professional
photography and art communities.
Our combined 280,000 square feet of manufacturing facilities across
the United States house over 70 grand and large format digital
printers, custom automated finishing equipment, and coating
capabilities to produce printed recyclable materials up to 16 ft.
wide. Our prepress department processes more than 20,000 files per
day with the aid of proprietary software automation tools. We
operate around-the-clock, 7 days a week to deliver extraordinary
customer service, and print over 300 million square feet of
material annually. We specialize in industry leading innovations
accompanied by world class service.
Job Description Overview: CDP Line Lead Operator
I. Position Mission
The CDP Line Lead is the first line of management within the CDP
Manufacturing team. The Line Lead provides direction to the line
operators in their area and ensures safety, quality, and throughput
standards are maintained at all times. The Line Lead uses software
tools and troubleshooting technics to proactively address quality,
equipment, and order issues. The line lead will also build product
as needed throughout the shift.
II. Organizational Structure
Line Lead Operator
Other key interfaces (relationship)
Line Operators and Training Assistants
Quality Control Auditor
All Departments as needed to complete Production duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
Typical manufacturing environment. Requires prolonged standing,
walking, some bending, stooping, lifting, and stretching for up to
12 hour shifts. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. at a
time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
sufficient to operate a keyboard and complete repetitive build
processes. Must be able to recognize color differences to properly
This is a full-time position requiring consistent dependable
attendance and is not exempt from overtime
III. Tasks description - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Line (Fold/Ship) Operator Duties: 80% of time
* Meet CDP Production Operator Expectations (attached)
* Support 100% On-Time Delivery to manufacturing (CD) lead-time by
ensuring oldest orders are prioritized and that all operators and
equipment is running efficiently without waste. Coordinate with
production manager, engineers, quality, and maintenance and other
team leads to support on time delivery.
Leadership Duties: 20% of time
* Meet CDP Production Lead Expectations (attached).
* Notify Production Manager when have too many, or too few
* Move operators between positions within your area to best balance
product flow (no stacking!!!!).
* Fill in at fold, ship, or final inspection as needed to help
resolve bottlenecks (stacking of units!)
* Fix printers, bagger, etc. if possible. If unable, create
Maintenance Red alert.
* Create IT and Material request tickets as needed
* Track and Expedite Past Due orders
* Utilize Shop Planning Reports throughout the shift to identify
and find orders that have been in in barcode label or final
inspection status for more than 2 hours.
- Create barcodes as needed for unreadable labels.
- Update CGOM Customer Orders to correct address issues as
- Escalate any trouble units to Past Due Coordinator ASAP (with
- Move "overshipments" to Past Due Coordinator ASAP (with note
* Complete final walkthrough at end of day:
o No product is left between fold and ship.
o No product is left at Final Inspection position. All products
have been touched up and shipped, or rejected.
o All boxed products are on shipping pallets
o Troubled orders resolved, or moved to Past Due Coordinator desk
(with note attached!)
o No units in "barcode label" or "final inspection" status
o 5S walkthrough
* Operator support:
o Escalate quality concerns immediately to Production Manager or
Quality Supervisor. (5 units for one issue, over 1 hour period)
o Work with operator and Training assistant when operator has
repeated rejects or/and is not meeting expected rate.
o Ensure operators follow Work Instructions; Contact Training
o Fill in for operators if leave line.
o Follow safe working practices.
o Ensure operators clean up area, wipe down folders, check all
printer/equipment function at end of shift.
* Manage Operator performance within your area: (Escalate to PM
after 1 verbal)
o Not able to perform function to specifications or at regular
o Disruptive talking or other activity. (Example: on cell
* Lean Initiatives:
o One piece flow: No stacking! Stop the line if needed
o Use basic problem solving skills to resolve quality issues and
minimize bad product: Fix it!
o Drive 5S continuous improvements.
o Learn and support implementation of lean manufacturing
o Identify and escalate process improvements to production manager
IV. Additional Task and Responsibilities
* Other duties and special projects as assigned
* Work directly with the Production Management on special projects
V. Skills, Intellectual Demands and Job Requirements:
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
* High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent
* Preferred general production experience
* Preferred experience in Lean Principles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
* Must be able to communicate effectively - verbal and written in
* Experience in high volume manufacturing environments a plus
* Attention to Detail
* Computer Literate
* Ability to "multi-task" while also reassessing priorities on a
* Work under compressed timelines and other resource
* Willing to work in shifts and for long hours when necessity
* Capable of working in demanding situations when required.
* Able to lead and manage peers.
* Ability to team and work well with others at all levels
* Must be approachable and responsive to a variety of people and
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
* Must be flexible to learn other duties and positions within the
CDP Division and perform these duties at the direction of the
Keywords: Metromedia Technologies, Longmont , Production Associate III Lead, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!