HVAC Lead Manager/Foreman
Company: UMC, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position DescriptionFifty years ago,the owner and his family
started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality
service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same
owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial
HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the
communities we help build. With the passion to teach others the
trade and great people on our team, we continue to lead the
industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to
provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn
and advance in the trade, we have growth and leadership
opportunities for you.Grow Your Career with UMC,
- TOP MARKET PAY
- Excellent Stability and Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance for you and your
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K w/ 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Company Vehicle
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
HVAC Superintendent Pay Range (Hourly)$38.00 - $41.00 / hourActual
pay depends on education, experience, and performance.*This
position organizes and supervises project teams that include team
leads, journeymen, apprentices, contractors, and laborers
throughout the project cycle. The successful HVAC Site
Superintendent is highly skilled in working with teams to provide
the highest levels of safety, pre-planning, productivity, quality,
and efficiency in the competitive construction market, while
incorporating UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values.HVAC
Superintendent Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Job
- Ensures the project progresses on schedule, with the highest
priorities on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Works with the Project Manager to generate and submit request
for Information, or RFIs during pre-planning and as needed
throughout the project cycle.
- Works with Purchasing and the Project Manager to ensure
materials are staged as needed and meets contractual
- Appropriately sets goals and expectations for their crews and
documents their progress.
- Teaches others the trade with patience while providing just in
time feedback on Safety, Quality and Productivity. Comfortable
holding team accountable to UMC, Inc. standards; documenting when
- Mentors crew members to achieve safety, quality, and
productivity goals; sets the example for the Team.
- Monitors all crew members multiple times each day to ensure
- Treats all employees and others with respect and dignity and
incorporates UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values always; leads
- Approves all time worked daily.
- Sets aside time daily for required Job Safety Assessments and
other project documentation.
- Attends all required meetings and creates a realistic work plan
and schedule (pre-plan) at least weekly.
- Performs and supports other duties or tasks that may be
assigned by the Project Manager.
- Travel as needed or required.
Position RequirementsHVAC Superintendent Qualifications
- Must have EPA and RMGA certifications.
- Must be a Journeyman or have at least six years of progressive
- At least 2 years of Foreman/Lead/Supervisor experience
required. Multi-Family experience helpful.
- Must support UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Value
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the
confidentiality of personnel and
- business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative
- Possess professional oral and written communication
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has the ability to read and interpret operating manuals, plans,
and applicable building codes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and possess the
aptitude to learn and use additional computer software as needed,
i.e., Field View, Bluebeam.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl;
climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in
cramped quarters. Good vision required.
- Must be 21 years or older, have a valid driver's license, able
to drive on adverse road conditions, be able to pass a commercial
motor vehicle physical, background, physical and drug screening,
and be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity EmployerWork Environment/AAP/EEO StatementsWhile
performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration.
Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at
construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work
happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards or
stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to
perform the essential functions of the position, with or without
accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status.Colorado Compliance: UMC, Inc. will not retaliate
against any employee making a complaint or inquiring about the
Company's practices regarding Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work
Act. If you are subjected to any conduct that you believe violates
this policy, you must promptly speak to, write, or otherwise
contact your direct supervisor or, if the conduct involves your
direct supervisor, the project manager, or human
Keywords: UMC, Inc., Longmont , HVAC Lead Manager/Foreman, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!