Company: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company)
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Facility: -BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EMSalary: $75,000-$85,000Bonus
(if applicable): Shift: Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a
competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with
options for you and your family including:--- Paid time off
holidays------------------------------ 401(k) --- 401(k) matching
------------------ Health Insurance ------------------------ Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --------------- ---- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account--- Health
savings account ------ ---- Tuition Reimbursement ---------------
Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount --------------- Employee
assistance program------ Pet insurance--- Disability Insurance
--------- ---- Paid training ------------------------------- Other
benefits availableEqual Opportunity Employer.We are growing! - -BI
is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the
largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in
the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to
over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to
fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical
complexities.SummaryDesigns, develops and tests all aspects of
electrical components and equipment. - Applies knowledge of
engineering principles to design products such as electronics,
instruments, controls, etc. - May be involved in the fabrication,
operation, application, installation and/or repair of electrical
components of electronic products. - Provides engineering support
for existing products, principally in the electronic areas.Primary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes a lead role on individual projects to design and create
specifications of new hardware products, including application of
new technologies and components that enhance performance, improve
reliability, and decrease cost.
- Works closely with manufacturing, industrial design and
mechanical engineering to ensure automated mass production,
cost-optimization, low-power, aesthetic, reliable, durable and
- Provides solutions for component selection, schematic design,
PCB layout, functional testing, user testing, design for
manufacturing (DFM), iteration, troubleshooting and executing to
bring new products into automated mass production.
- Provides sustaining engineering support to manufacturing by
developing engineering solutions to problems associated with
hardware product components and design for manufacturability
- Works closely with other engineers for the management of new
product introduction including vendor sourcing, approvals, and
costing. Ensures that quality criteria are met for all
- Provides support to Product Management, Manufacturing and
Engineering Change Request program for existing products, processes
- Recommends design changes to improve quality, manufacturability
and ease of assembly.
- Utilizes schematic and layout CAD tools along with simulation
and lab equipment for product design from concept to
- Provides creative problem solving, life cycle planning and
failure analysis (root cause investigation and experiments).
- Provides input to Quality team regarding the development of
test equipment and methods of testing for reliability evaluation,
and quality assurance and inspection requirements, including use of
- Provides succinct and professional project updates to
management on an ongoing basis.
- Mentors' other junior engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Minimum
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Three (3) years' experience in product design and development
of electronic products including the completion and shipment of at
least one electronic product.
- Experience with low power, battery operated, wireless consumer
- Experience to include transfer from engineering to
manufacturing of products intended for automated mass production
- Understanding of product development process for mass volume
production design, with a focus on design for manufacturing (DFM)
and design for test (DFT).
- Cellular loT design and LTE Cat M experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of radio frequency development.
- Working knowledge of logic/microprocessor circuit
- Working knowledge of optics.
- Working knowledge of digital and analog circuit design and
- Working knowledge of telecommunications network design
- Working knowledge of flex, rigid and rigid flex PCB designs
- Working knowledge of CAD software, Allegro CAD preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects ongoing.
- Ability to identify diverse technical constraints and develop
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience, both
technical and non-technical.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Working Conditions: -Encountered
on a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.
- Typical office environment.
- Laboratory environment that requires use of equipment such as
thermal chambers, cycle testers and equipment fans.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus to visually inspect test parts,
circuit board assemblies, solder surface mount electronic
components, read color-codes on electronic components.Benefits
- Three (3) weeks paid time off
- Fifteen (15) paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term and Whole life insurance (includes spouse and
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Supplemental insurance
- Legal and Identity Theft coverage
- Auto and Home insurance discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Various discount programs
Keywords: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company), Longmont , ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!