Training CDL-A Driver
Company: McLane - Grocery
Posted on: February 15, 2021
TRUCK DRIVER TRAINEE - REQUIRES CDL-A LICENSE
2100 E Ken Pratt Blvd. Longmont, CO 80504
A teammate in this position learns the essential functions of the
Driver job including the accurate and timely distribution of
products to various customer locations. The Driver Trainee gains
exposure to warehouse and other operational functions as part of
the developmental process of becoming a McLane Driver.
- No experience required.
- Expected pay range: $50,000 - $70,000.
- Starting rate is $19.25/hr for initial training period. Pay
after initial training is based on a formula, based on weight,
stops, and miles.
- After training, drivers have a minimum pay guarantee of $2,000
every two weeks if they are available to dispatch.
- Potential to earn bonuses for meeting performance and/or safety
objectives.New hire Drivers become eligible for the following
benefits on day 1 of employment: Medical, Prescription, Dental,
Vision, and Life Insurance as well as Flexible Spending Accounts
and are eligible for Long Term Disability on the 60th day of
employment and 401k participation and Tuition Reimbursement after
the 90th day of employment.
- Operates Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery
receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
- Inspects trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged
transport of product.
- Rides and trains with Driver Trainer of tractor-trailer to
various destinations, gaining knowledge of commercial driving
regulations and observing the Driver's skill in starting engine
properly, approaching intersections, making turns, backing,
parking, and maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT
regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and
- Assists the Driver in unloading trailer and delivering product
into customer premises.
- Provides customer service including on-time delivery of
undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer
- Starting Rate is $19.25/hr for Training Period
- Expected Pay Range: $50,000 - $70,000
- CDL Required
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Posses a class A CDL.
- Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver
ALL products that may be ordered by McLane customers.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and
stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify
quantities of product.
- Able to communicate with customers, management, and other
- Able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled dolly,
ramp, and on board PeopleNet devices.
Details are subject to change at any time. Please call for current
offers and information. Associated topics: brand new driving, new
career, new driver, no cdl required, no experience necessary,
recent grad, student, student driving, trainee truck driver, truck
Keywords: McLane - Grocery, Longmont , Training CDL-A Driver, Professions , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!