Maintenance Mechanic - Food Production
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
American Fortune 500 food manufacturer with multiple well-known
brand names. Great culture, excellent benefits, new facility! They
need Maintenance Mechanics with automated food manufacturing
** Fortune 500 food manufacturer with great company culture, OT
compensation, excellent benefits, a new facility that is expanding
so room for growth, no travel!**
- Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods that comply
with all food safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and supports company and site safety policies and
performs work related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes
unsafe work conditions and behaviors and engages with co-workers to
ensure conditions and behaviors comply with policies. Suggests
changes to safety policies as appropriate
- Performs the necessary activities to operate, maintain, and
clean production equipment.
- Understands, follows, and improves documented operational,
maintenance, and sanitation standards in a Good Manufacturing
Practice (GMP) work environment.
- Performs equipment changeovers and sanitation
- Performs preventative maintenance activities, work orders, and
lubrication in a timely manner to maximize performance of plant
equipment. Improves and modifies preventative maintenance
activities as appropriate.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and/or replaces complex
processing and packaging equipment including: Mechanical components
such as conveyor belts, bearings, motors, pulleys, shafts,
gearboxes, etc. Pneumatic components such as air cylinders,
diverters, hoses, regulators, pumps, valves, etc.
- Utilizes drawings, prints, and instruction manuals to determine
proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance,
troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Coaches other team members on technical skills, machine
functionality, defect identification and resolution, and equipment
- Active participant in training and qualification programs for
designated line/area. Participates in assessments, ensures
effective training, and maintains consistent qualification
- Uses continuous improvement tools, including breakdown
elimination, to eliminate losses and drive issues to root cause;
documents, communicates, and implements corrective and preventative
- Serves as owner of one or more technical, safety, or quality
systems and is responsible for building technician skill and
providing ongoing coaching.
- Creates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, PM
- Increases skills and knowledge by attending technical training
sessions, participating in vendor visits, and scheduled maintenance
- Uses a computer to input and maintain accurate records and
data. Can utilize email and online training resources.
- Maintains accurate electronic database of repair and
maintenance activities, including parts usage and time
- Facilitates effective shift pass down with the prior/next shift
to discuss safety, quality, and production issues.
- Lead projects to improve safety, quality, and production
results in a designated area.
- Works as part of a team and assists fellow employees as
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates, technical degree or training is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of mechanical or maintenance experience in a
manufacturing environment is required.
- Willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts and overtime as
- Willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Willing to travel for training (2 trips, 8 days each), once
travel is permitted.
- Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety
policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMPs), and general instructions.
- Able to understand and carry out both oral and written
- Good communication skills, including the ability to give and
- Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated
- Able to set and meet goals.
- Able to prioritize and manage workload in a changing
- Able to work both independently and on a team.
- Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards
for safety, quality, and reliability and drive
- Able to make data-driven decisions and engage others as
- Basic mathematical, statistical, and analytical
- Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office
- Able to learn company-specific computer systems, including
maintenance enterprise system.
- Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in
accordance with safety standards and practices.
- Physical requirements of the job include the ability to: Lift
and carry up to 50 pounds, Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces,
push, pull, kneel, squat, climb, Perform repetitive actions, reach,
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Longmont , Maintenance Mechanic - Food Production, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!