Infection Prevention Assistant Director of Nursing Registered Nurse RN
Company: Sava Senior Care
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Assistant Director of Nursing Description
Assistant Director of Nursing Requirements
Assists the Director of Nursing (DoN) in providing, planning,
coordinating or managing nursing care, nursing services and health
education to residents and patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned
- Assists in ensuring nursing staff is providing quality and
appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company
and regulatory standards.
- May assist with recruiting, hiring, providing
orientation/training, and retaining a sufficient number of
qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of nursing
services. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds
expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a
- Assists with scheduling and performing rounds to monitor and
evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Assists in maintaining administrative authority, responsibility
and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of
care and of medications and treatments.
- May be responsible for quality assurance, infection control,
and the development of staff as determined by the Director of
- Helps develop and implement the written staffing plan and
nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Adheres to scope of practice limitations based on
- May occasionally be required to perform patient care
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, the duties and
responsibilities of the DoN may be delegated to this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with experience in long-term care or geriatric
nursing. Management or supervisor experience in long-term care or
geriatric nursing preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
- Assists the DoN in the supervision of nursing staff and others
for whom they are administratively or professionally
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
May occasionally be required to work non-standard hours. Employee
is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach
with hands and arms, feel, see, talk and hear. Employee is
occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or
airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance
with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position.
Keywords: Sava Senior Care, Longmont , Infection Prevention Assistant Director of Nursing Registered Nurse RN, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!