Assistant Store Manager
Company: Natural Grocers
Posted on: July 17, 2021
USD $52,080.00/Yr. -
The Assistant Store Manager is the second
person in charge of the store and is responsible for the successful
operation and profitability of the store which includes training,
directing and monitoring all department staff.
Key Responsibilities include the
following essential functions, but are not limited to:
- Customers are greeted and serviced per company standards of
World Class customer service.
- All company managers are expected to be professional and
provide appropriate leadership for the staff.
- Customer complaints are handled appropriately and per company
- The store is inviting and shopable.
- Products customers want to buy are in-stock.
- Special orders are handled appropriately and per company
- Ensures the phone is answered per company standards and is on
the sales floor assisting customers, directing staff and attending
to all departments at least 75% of the time..
- Training staff on how to give exemplary customer service and
ensuring staff is held accountable.
- Ensuring staff is in compliance with applicable state and/or
county food safety certifications and registration.
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for ensuring that
the store is meeting and/or exceeding expectations in the following
- Store and department sales and Sales per Labor Hour Ratio
- Average Ticket, Customer Count, Cost of Goods Sold for
- Ensures product is ordered from the correct vendors in order to
receive the correct discount and maintain margins.
- Ensures in-stock conditions meet company standards
- Product mix is monitored, including:
- regular analysis of departments to keep top sellers and
discontinue extremely slow movers;
- new products are brought in per company policy.
- Ensures perishables are rotated and stocked per company
- Mark-downs are managed per company standards.
- Responsible for assisting the Store Manager in hiring, training
and managing all store personnel per company standards.
- Trains store personnel, assigns tasks, and is accountable in
- Ensures master and daily schedules are accurate, complete and
meet store needs. Schedules are posted in a timely manner and tasks
are assigned on a daily basis using company tasks sheets.
- Partners with department managers to share staff to accomplish
tasks as needed on a daily basis.
- Trains and monitors staff to ensure store is viewed as a whole,
assisting customers in all areas.
- Partners with department managers to cross-train staff to
accomplish all needed tasks.
- Partners with staff to ensure adequate product knowledge to
meet customers' needs, training staff on where to find answers to
customer questions by utilizing store resources.
- Assists the Store Manager in completing and conducting all
store staff performance evaluations with input from the department
managers. Assists in granting wage increases when appropriate.
- Interviews and hires for store needs with input from department
- Addresses all performance and/or disciplinary issues
appropriately and in a timely manner with the assistance of Human
- Maintains clear and direct communication with store staff which
includes helping conduct monthly staff meetings and posting company
information and announcements.
- Responsible for ensuring safety guidelines are followed at all
- Ensures that all Unitime edits are made in a timely
- Responsible for assisting the Store Manager in training,
coaching and developing store personnel.
- He/she encourages staff to increase their nutritional and
- He/she answers (and ensures store staff answers) customer
questions per company standards and policies, including the use of
Structure/Function statements and/or statements of nutritional
- Successfully completes operational responsibilities (daily
schedules, checklists, opening and closing).
- Ensures store paperwork/reports are completed in a timely
manner (including Monthly Mgr's Report).
- Efficiently and accurately completes the DSR and Manager's
- Responds to all Dept. Manager calls when on duty and assists
with coverage for lunches and breaks.
- Works a schedule based on store needs including evenings,
weekends and scheduled for 45 hours per week.
- Coaches staff on how to be supportive of decisions made by home
office, listens to directions from home office, following through
and correctly performing the job assigned.
- Reads and follows communications (memos, faxes, emails) from
- Remains flexible to changing work demands in order to
- Managers are expected to be leaders in the workplace, setting
the standard of excellence required through their job performance
and professional demeanor.
Although this is a general outline of job
responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and
do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company
Education, Skills and
- High school diploma or GED required 1-2 years management
experience in grocery and/or related retail experience, natural
foods industry a plus.
- Able to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to pass applicable food safety training courses and/or
testing to obtain certifications as required by state and/or county
- Maintain compliance by keeping food safety certifications up to
date through continuing education and registered with the
appropriate agency if applicable.
- Possesses a sense of urgency in the completing tasks and is
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
job description is not an employment contract. It does not
guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of
responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change
with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any
and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Store Manager and/or
other corporate managers that may not be listed in this job
Here’s an overview of the benefits we offer our
good4u Crew to help ensure the health and wellbeing of you and
your family, now and well into the future:
All Crew Members
- Birthday Bonus
- Vitamin Bucks
(up to $2,080 earned as store credit
Pay for 5 Holidays – Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off
(sick days and vacation) that Increases with
- Paid Nutrition
- good4u Crew
Program (customer appreciation and rewards
Scheduled Pay Increases
Advancement Opportunities and Career
- Health and
Assistance Program (EAP)
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours/week)
Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical
Leave (through company
paid short-term disability insurance)
- Company Paid
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid
Benefits Including Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance,
Long-Term Disability Insurance, Term Life
Savings Plan (401k) with
discretionary Company Match
- Healthcare and
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings
Account (HSA) with Company Match
At the heart
of Natural Grocers' commitment to our community and crew is
this belief: All people should be empowered to experience
health and wellbeing! We cannot be true to this conviction
without honoring diversity and cultivating inclusion throughout
every aspect of our organization.
Grocers, we honor our differences, embrace diversity, and
cultivate inclusion because both individual and societal health are
rooted in these principles. Our Crew is diverse not only in
gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, abilities,
and age but also in cultural backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas.
Celebrating our diversity refreshes, expands, and shapes our
perspective, energizing our mission of equitable access to health
and wellness for all. We welcome everyone who would like to join us
in this mission, with gratitude for the unique life experience each
person brings to the table. We’re committed to nurturing an
ecosystem of diversity and inclusion in which our Crew can continue
Keywords: Natural Grocers, Longmont , Assistant Store Manager, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!