Lead Quality Inspector
Posted on: June 10, 2021
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
ABSL Space Products (a division of EnerSys) is the world-leading
manufacturer of Lithium-ion batteries for space applications. The
EnerSys/ ABSL team in Longmont, CO designs Lithium-Ion battery
systems to meet the strenuous requirements of space travel. Our
batteries power the future of space exploration, scientific
advancement, and more in some of the finest spacecraft and launch
vehicles in the industry. The EnerSys/ABSL team is tight-knit and
employees value the small company feel while also being a part of
EnerSys, the global leader in stored energy solutions. The
EnerSys/ABSL team is growing and looking for individuals that share
a common interest in the space and power industry and want to work
in this exciting environment.
ABSL is seeking a full time Lead Quality Inspector to lead,
develop, improve, and maintain quality inspection processes and
procedures in addition to monitoring manufacturing and test
processes by performing inspections of product and equipment. In
addition, the Lead Quality Inspector will lead, develop, improve,
and maintain the equipment calibration process and CMM (Coordinate
Measurement Machine) capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to Quality Manager.
- Manages execution, management, and improvements to the
equipment calibration process using lean principles and able to
train others on the process.
- Oversees execution, management, and improvements of QI process
areas and procedures using lean principles and able to train others
on the process.
- Performs and manages CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine)
measurements and capabilities.
- Able to resolve problems with minimal input from others.
- Participates in internal audits regarding AS9100
- Achieves / Maintains IPC-J-STD-001, NASA 8739.1 NASA Conformal
Coating & Staking (Polymerics Inspection), and NASA STD 8739.4 NASA
STD Cable, Harness and Crimp (Inspection) Certifications
- Performs incoming inspection of all purchased parts and
- Performs durometer checks.
- Performs final close-out of build and test books.
- Conducts random "audits" of build and test books to ensure
compliance to procedures
- Ensure all necessary paperwork and processes are completed
following a discrepancy incident to allow build to continue.
- Ensures all build and test documentation is completed
- Performs peer checks for manufacturing and test
- Performs quality control inspection of hardware to aerospace
standards, drawings and work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Experience using and developing processes for CMMs (Coordinate
- Ability to manage process improvement activities
- Ability to efficiently develop, improve, document, and
implement procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and procedures.
- Able to travel to acquire referenced certifications and support
- Ability and experience utilizing equipment to perform
- Computer proficiency in in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc..
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
What We're Offering
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision for employee and dependents at a
- Life insurance, short term disability, educational
reimbursement, flex spending and employee stock purchase plan
- 401K (we match 100% at 6% contribution level)
- 9/80 schedule (9hr days M-F and then every other Friday off -
every other weekend is a 3-day weekend)
- Be part of a smart, high performing and passionate team.
- An office conveniently located in Longmont, right off diagonal
- Salary: Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We
have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation
based on several factors including the candidate's skills and
experience. The salary range for this position is $25-33/hr
- Culture: We are a group of smart, talented people who are
passionate about what we doand we have fun while doing it! Here in
our Longmont location, we have all different backgrounds, which
promotes creativity and fosters an inclusive environment. We pride
ourselves in focusing on our customers' needs and by involving all
associates in the day-to-day operations of our business.
- 8-10 years' exp. In quality OR vocational degree w/ 6-8 year
Experience in quality OR bachelor degree w/ 4-5 years as an
inspector in high-reliability company with process improvement
- Experience in quality within a manufacturing or highly
regulated industry such as aerospace or medical device
- Must be able to certify to NASA, IPC Standards which include
the ability to perform solder operations and to meet the minimum
Far, Near and Color vision requirements of the NASA STD 8739
manufacturing series. Vision requirements may be met with corrected
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere as a contributing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to halt a process if required or needed.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as
lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to
measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the
company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal
Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Keywords: Enersys, Longmont , Lead Quality Inspector, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!