Floral Department Leader D4 KS80 ($20.91/hr)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Department: KS Produce
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional
service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that
encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals
established for the department, and monitor and control all
established quality assurance standards. Direct, support and
supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Floral
department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage
associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and
demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty,
integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates by communicating
company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help
achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower
associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to meet customer needs.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and
participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important and appreciated by possessing knowledge of products sold
within the department; inform customers of specials and make
recommendations as appropriate; Cut flowers and foliage to
customer's requests using proper tools.
- Prepare corsages, flower arrangements, balloons, and set-up
displays and fixtures.
- Identify all varieties of foliage, blooms and fresh cut
- Maintain quality and freshness of products by watering,
trimming, cleaning and other care as required..
- Partner with store management to create and implement a
department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform and educate department associates about current,
upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department
budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags and
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Ensure proper temperatures are maintained in cases and coolers
temperature logs kept.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures
and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting
equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity,
including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Floral experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined
at store level based on prior equivalent work
To supportand reward our
hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a
paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients
you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life.
Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their
physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to
competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off,
mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to
learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a
difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste
and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans.
Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the
communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good
Below is a list of
benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being
- Health care
- Paid time off such
as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional
support resources through our Employee Assistance
- Participation in a
401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund,
subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life
insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and
subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Eligible for annual
Growth and Development
- Tuition assistance,
college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on
varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility
- Robust internal
training and development resources to grow your
Wewant the best for
associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a
welcoming and engaging environment where youll love to work. If you
are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who
serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping
experience under a variety of
The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our
Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating
#ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger
Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible
schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO||Longmont|| 995 S Hover St
||80501 || King Soopers||None||Produce/Floral ||Employee||
Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Keywords: Kroger, Longmont , Floral Department Leader D4 KS80 ($20.91/hr), Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!