Posted on: June 9, 2021
Quality Inspector Job Description Summary:
Use measuring equipment to verify product meets all customer
requirements. Use measured results to assist machinists in setups.
Explain measured results as required. Process quality records as
required. Maintain measuring equipment and quality lab. Follow
directions as required. Assists with other tasks as needed.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: College degree in manufacturing in engineering
Preferred: Valid Colorado Driver's License. Membership in
ASQC. Certificate of completion for GD&T.
Required: Minimum 5 years inspection experience including
computer driven coordinate measuring machines. Thorough
understanding of GD&T.
Preferred: Experience with close tolerance products with
complex geometries. Certified in GD&T.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Full understanding of programming with measurement software
including PCDMIS and Zeiss CALYPSO.
- Print reading and interpretation.
- Full understanding of GD&T, its application and its
- Full understanding of measuring hand tools and open surface
- Familiarity with special processing and materials.
Preferred: Perform additional manual tasks including
deburring, assembly and repair.
- Print interpretation.
- Apply principles of GD&T.
- Measure parts and determine conformance to specification,
process parts accordingly.
- Create customer certification documents for accepted
- Maintain records on server.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Share and learn measurement techniques.
- Stay and work until the job is done in an emergency.
Keywords: gpac, Longmont , Quality Inspector, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!