The Donation Services Associate is typically the first point
of contact for customers that are dropping off items at retail
stores. Donation Associates provide excellent and friendly customer
service by greeting customers timely and providing assistance as
needed. The Donation Services Associate is responsible for keeping
products organized by following Goodwill standards.
Minimum Pay starts at $12.32 per hour.
Part Time and Full Time positions available!
Based on eligibility requirements, Full Time Associates may
participate in Medical, Dental and Vision plans and company paid
benefits such as Short and Long Term Disability, Life & ADD,
Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b Retirement and more. Additional
benefits include Vacation and Sick accrual, Floating Holidays, Paid
Holidays and different types of leave.
- Must be able to make decisions by following Goodwill standards
- Must have basic computer skills to be able to log into a
computer system to order supplies and to send and receive
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions with varying
- Must be able to use safety equipment to assist with lifting
heavy objects such as a dolly or pallet jack.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include weekends,
evenings and holidays with occasional overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers,
managers, supervisors, staff and peers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Provide excellent Customer service, greeting customers in a
timely manner, answering product questions as needed.
- Assist customers by unloading donations from vehicle or other
- Ensure donated items are handled with care and sorted into
appropriate bins or production areas.
- Inspect all donations within assigned areas and make decisions
on quality to sort appropriately for the sales floor or to be
shipped to other locations.
- Ensure a safe, organized and clean environment is maintained
for both customers and fellow employees within the donations
entrance and parking lot areas.
- Cross-train in other departments or areas to act as a back-up
for other areas as required.
- Maintain remote donation centers shed and trailer, following
appropriate opening and closing procedures when working at a remote
- Order supplies using provide computer equipment and software
- Ensure supplies are kept well stocked at remote site(s) as
- Track and report donation levels daily to ensure trailers do
not become over stocked when working in remote donation center
- Work with transportation department and dispatchers to schedule
trailer pick-ups and drop-offs at remote locations.
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to employing
qualified individuals including those with disabilities, protected
veterans and military spouses.
Goodwill participates in E-Verify. For more information on
E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or
We promote a Safe & Drug-free Workplace.
Attachment to Job Description
Position: Donation Associate
LIFTING: (as defined by ADA)
CLIMBING - use of legs only (stairs)
CLIMBING - use of arms & legs (ladders)
Visual - depth perception
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR