Autism Behavior Tech. Part-time
Company: Autism Home Support
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Learn how to make a meaningful impact in the lives of
individuals with Autism!
At we want to make every moment count for our clients,
community, and you! We take great pride in our training and
development of entry-level staff. AHSS' behavior technicians are
indispensable to our learner's effective outcomes. Living out our
mission statement, "To inspire and nurture growth for all
learners," has earned us recognition as one of the top leading
applied behavior analysis (ABA) providers.
The Behavior Technician (BT) position requires empathy, fun,
creativity, flexibility, and critical thinking. This position calls
for commitment and dedication to our training, clients, and high
standards of excellence.
BTs provide direct one-on-one therapy with children in their
home, clinic, school, or community. Each individualized program is
written and designed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
for the BT to execute. The BCBA will teach you to facilitate
language development, social interactions, independent living
skills, and other aptitudes.
Behavior Technicians typically start with a part-time caseload
of approximately 6-12 hours per week, depending on region, and may
grow to full-time as additional opportunities arise.
- Provide a direct implementation of programs and strategies in a
one-on-one or group setting
- Enthusiastically motivate learners to engage in their
- Electronically collect data accurately to ensure the
effectiveness of treatment.
- Adhere to the ethical guidelines of Autism Home Support
Services and the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
- Implement written behavior plans to decrease mild to severe
aggression and challenging behaviors
- Communicate proactively and timely with BCBAs and caregivers,
and legal guardians
- Calmly respond to unexpected behaviors independently and
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Direct service or personal experience with individuals
diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ability to commit to at least six months of employment without
significant changes in schedule or location
- Complete an average of 12 hours of training per week over a
month, in addition to direct therapy hours assigned
- Sit for the RBT exam within the timeframe given
- Must have reliable transportation to session locations
- Applicants must pass a background check to provide healthcare
- Expected to perform all physical requirements of this position,
which includes, but is not limited to: lifting at least 50lbs,
kneeling, bending, finger dexterity, climbing, reaching, running,
pushing, and being on your feet for several hours at a time
(dancing is encouraged but optional)
Why Join Our Team of Rockstars
- Paid training to become a Registered Behavior Technician
- Credential reimbursement upon passing
- Ongoing paid professional development and training
- A line of sight of available session hours near you
- Mindfully matched with a client based on your skillset and
- We value supportive, transparent, and frequent
- Consistent schedules so you can make self-care a priority
- A mutually supportive relationship with your BCBA(s)
If you are excited to make a lasting impact in the lives of
others with Autism Home Support Services apply today!
Keywords: Autism Home Support, Longmont , Autism Behavior Tech. Part-time, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!