Licensed Mental Health Therapist - Mental Health - Longmont
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Provides diagnostic evaluations and subsequent brief, short term,
solution-focused assessment and interventions geared toward optimal
functioning. Utilizes a variety of evidenced-based treatment
interventions and various treatment modalities including
individual, family, marital, and group therapies. As part of an
integrated care system, provides consultation to providers and
develops a clear treatment plan for the care team to manage.
Consults regarding medication questions and coordinates
recommendations with care team. If needed, assists in engaging
member in additional treatment. Performs a variety of preliminary
and supportive behavioral health procedures within delegated
guidelines and following established practices and procedures.
Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's
actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient
relationships. Actively seeks information to understand
member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs.
Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients.
Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds
quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
Supervises the clinical work of unlicensed Mental Health
Professionals as requested.
- Specialty Position Responsibilities may vary according to program
service and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtains complete biopsychosocial history of assigned patients and
follows through on appropriate disposition of patient in
conjunction with written protocols and physician consultation as
- Assists the patient/family in identifying personal goals of care
and with the development of care plans.
- Executes functions which deliver aspects of care that implement
and are consistent with the care plan.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of care between
health care services.
- Provide patient and family education effectively and sensitively
to encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Determine and manage appropriate levels of care and service for
patients using clinical knowledge, established guidelines and
- Act as a liaison between patients, their families, physicians,
staff, and contract providers as needed to facilitate recommended
interventions and follow-up
- Document all clinical interventions
- Provide consultation for complex situations to providers, staff
and contract agencies in caring for patients
- Collaborate and assist in coordinating placement options for
- Determines need for physician consultation based on evaluations
and established guidelines.
- Continuously assesses, evaluates, and records patient response to
- Evaluates emergency situations within scope and initiates
- Practices within scope of practice parameters as inferred by
licensure, knowledge, skill level, sound clinical judgment, and KP
- Accurately documents patient data, actions or interventions,
responses, and plans for care/follow-up according to guidelines
and/or standard practice.
- Collaborates to build strong, effective relationships with
referrers and their teams and with partner agency care staff to
assist in development and communication of plans for co-management
of patients and their transition to the next care setting.
- Provide consultation and training to other members of the care
team in the area of mental health, chemical dependency, and
- Provides crisis intervention services as needed; determines
appropriateness of hospitalization; assesses patient-s potential
- Minimum two (2) years post masters practice experience under
appropriate supervision in applied Psychotherapy, Counseling, or
Psychology or its equivalent.
- Master-s degree in social work, counseling, psychology or its
License, Certification, Registration
- Colorado licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed
Professional Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in
the State of Colorado.
- For in-patient assignments - applicants must possess
qualifications to be credentialed at inpatient facility.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at
time of hire.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker strongly preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred, may be required depending on
location of services.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Longmont , Licensed Mental Health Therapist - Mental Health - Longmont, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!