Posted on: May 3, 2021
Manufacturing Technician - Bakery & Sandwich Making
Area Leader/Team Leader
NUMBER OF OPENINGS
COMPENSATION BASE RATE
- Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing
- Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful
- Follow site attendance policy.
- Works in all areas of production and packaging as assigned,
including operating, being in close proximity to and crossing
platforms over or under machinery.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job and
perform as a member of a team.
- Assist fellow team members and other departments as
- Understands and supports the J.M. Smucker Longmont safety
program policies and performs work related activities in a safe
manner. Recognizes unsafe working conditions and suggests new
safety standards as appropriate.
- Ability to perform the operation of the equipment, perform
general maintenance, preventative maintenance as assigned, and
CIP/CIL/COP sanitation operations as required.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, sanitation
equipment, and basic hand tools.
- Ability to identify visual defects and make corrections as
- Ability to troubleshoot basic machinery and process
- Must be able to work flexible work schedules, rotations, hours
and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to follow the J.M. Smucker Basic Beliefs and Code
- Follows skill progression to improve skill and knowledge.
Attends trainings sessions and meetings.
- Completes other tasks as require
EDUCATION AND/OR Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six months of positive work history preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as a
safety rules, FMPs, and general instructions. Good communication
skills are required both verbally and written. Ability to use a
computer and input data required for production.
- Ability to perform critical thinking skills to problem solve
and resolve conflicts.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions and duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and life. The employee is required to
stand and walk at minimum 90% of the time.
- The employee must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, days
- The employees must occasionally life/push/pull or carry up to
50 pounds and should be able to lift 35-50 pounds on a frequent
- The employee must be able to squat or kneel and to bend on a
- The employee must be able to work in a cold (-10 degrees F)
freezer environment on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to tolerate exposure to flour and
yeast, oils, and peanut butter as well as other materials.
- The employee must be able to climb steps on a frequent
- May be required to enter confined spaces occasionally.
- Repetitive motion, reaching, handling/feeling frequently
(60-90% of the time).
- Hearing protection required.
- Employee is required to have a minimum of 20/40 vision in each
eye with or without corrective lenses. The applicant must pass a
standard eye exam.
SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job
functions identified above consistent with safety standards and
practices with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The work environments characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Working conditions:
- Weekend work.
- Two-week rotational shift, 2-2-3 schedule, days to nights.
- Computer usage.
- Environment temperature varies between hot and cold
- Noise level is moderate to high; hearing conservation program
The J. M. Smucker Co. (the "Company") is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in
any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status,
disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: Smuckers, Longmont , Manufacturing Technician, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!