IT Systems Specialist
Company: Roccor LLC
Posted on: January 8, 2021
We're scientists. We're engineers. We're gadget lovers,
cool-thing inventors. We're a bunch of people so into space and
technology that we eat, sleep, and drink ways we can solve problems
for other scientists. (Not gonna lie. We also drink coffee---a lot
of it!) Don't ask us to do things the way others might; that's not
our style. We're a little disruptive, a little defiant, a little
"don't tell us we can't do that!"So, now that you know how
incredible we are, here's the rather basic "all you need to know"
description:Roccor was founded in 2011 and is based in Longmont,
Colorado. We're a fast-growing, vibrant, high technology aerospace
supplier in the aerospace, and thermal management industries. Our
novel designs address cost and performance limitations to
revolutionize spaceflight and military operations. We have
contracts with NASA, the U.S. military, and commercial space
companies all around the world and have already delivered five
spaceflight deployable systems for use on U.S. government orbital
programs.Like we said, pretty cool!Roccor is currently seeking am
IT Systems Specialist to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT
department in alignment with the business objectives of the
organization. This person will direct and design IT-related
activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative
direction and support for daily operational activities.Note that
this is not a help desk-level position.Essential Functions
include:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning,
including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing
and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Ensure compliance with NIST-800-171 IT regulations and work
with outside experts as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development,
upgrade and support of all IT systems, including
telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware,
software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the
improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT
- Provide end-user services, including help desk and technical
support services during normal office hours. Provide general
availability during off-hours to resolve non-frequent urgent
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including
purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant
contracts and service agreements.
- Conduct asset management for IT hardware, software and
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving
- Knowledge of ERPs (NetSuite preferred)
- O365, Azure,and Sharepoint expert
- Familiarity with NIST 800-171 and CMMC requirements
- Communication Proficiency
- LeadershipRequired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/education
- Minimum of 7 years of related experienceRequirements:
- US Citizen or Resident Alien
- Ability to comply with a background investigationIf that sounds
like YOU, you should know that working at Roccor is a blast. There
isn't a so-called "normal" day at our office. Some days we're in
the lab creating retractable booms; others we're learning about
asteroids at a Lunch and Learn. Sure, we work hard, but we don't
take ourselves too seriously. What we do is pretty out there; how
could it NOT be fun!Our culture encourages our employees to come up
with innovative solutions to problems. We are highly collaborative
and focused on building a world-class team. Heck, we just won an
award for our culture and great working environment!Our core values
- Teamwork and CollaborationRoccor is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Roccor LLC, Longmont , IT Systems Specialist, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!