Company: Matheson Tri-Gas
Posted on: May 16, 2020
This position will be responsible for the research and development
will carry out responsibilities detailed below in accordance with
Matheson s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the
laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Operate and maintain sophisticated gas equipment and analytical
* Design, develop, and carry out new analytical processes
* Conduct analytical process enhancements
* Perform safety and hazard reviews/evaluations and evaluate
abatement requirements for experiments. Collect and analyze
analytical data, interpret results, and draw conclusions.
* Collect, work-up and summarize analytical data, results and
discussion in written reports.
* Communication of technical information. This may include some
selected customer interaction.
* Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK Typical hours for this position are from
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. This is a full-time
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* A B.S. degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and a strong
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant field involving the
construction of gas manifolds and the hands-on use of specialty
* Direct experience with safely handling, delivering, analyzing,
processing and/or abating reactive or corrosive gases used in
synthesis, purification or related areas and can quickly become
self-sufficient and productive. Ideally prior experience with
designing gas handling manifolds to conduct new analytical
* Experience in metals analysis of products using ICP-MS, with
knowledge and experience of diverse product sampling methods for
* Familiarity with gas handling equipment including mass flow
controllers, pressure controllers and regulators, various line
valves, pressure transducers, pressure relief systems, restrictive
flow orifices, thermocouples and temperature control equipment.
* Ideally experience with micro-contamination, ultra-high purity
systems and environments, i.e. use of clean rooms, particle and
hydrocarbon exposure prevention.
* Analytical experience to measure trace impurities in gases using
FTIR spectroscopy, GC, GC/MS, GC-ICP-MS, APIMS, RGA, CRDS and other
moisture analysis methods, Particle measurement, TGA.
* Proficiency in Microsoft programs and ideally experience with
LabView, Themo Omnic/MKS MG2000/Vista FTIR software, MKS Process
eye RGA software, GC data handling software, controls software
Keywords: Matheson Tri-Gas, Longmont , Analytical Chemist, Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!