Quality Control Supervisor (Global QC)
Company: AveXis Inc.
Posted on: March 27, 2020
OverviewReady to join a team committed to developing and
commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated
by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing
cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy
for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the
midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate
individuals to join us on this important mission.AveXis, a Novartis
company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel
treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening
neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary
gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for
the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to
developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other
novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett
syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused
by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.The Quality
Control (QC) Group is part of the Quality organization and is
responsible for testing of raw materials, in-process, release, and
stability samples. The QC Supervisor will be primarily responsible
for overseeing testing which is performed by the QC Analysts. In
this role, they will supervise a team of QC Analysts. Additionally,
the QC Supervisor will review data, perform administrational duties
associated with a leadership role, and actively perform testing if
needed. The successful candidate will work in a cGLP environment
and must have working knowledge of a QC environment, the ability to
manage multiple ongoing projects concurrently, have strong meeting
facilitation and conflict resolution skills, a strong technical
writing capability, be action oriented and compliant minded. Skills
in statistics required to effectively analyze trends is also
- Oversee the daily activities within the QC department in an
efficient manner, assuring that the Avexis core values (Integrity,
Tenacity, and Teamwork) are reinforced.
- Perform mid-year and end of year evaluations.
- Lead and coach a team of QC Analysts.
- Drive testing efficiencies in order to reduced testing time and
costs, improve compliance, and reduce safety risks.
- Perform equipment repair.
- Assure training is up to date for the team.
- Conflict resolution, problem solving in a cross functional
setting, and ability to meet testing timelines.
- Ability to adhere to standard timeline and escalate actions
appropriately for resolution in a timely manner.
- Support strategic proposals, progress updates and presentations
to all levels of the site organization. Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent combination of education
with strong and broad relevant experience.
- Prior leadership experience is desired but not required.
- Prior experience testing in a GLP environment is required.
- Investigational stills with respect to laboratory
- Must work well on a team and be able to trouble shoot and
problem solve in a cross functional team setting.
- Must be proactive, action oriented, and have the ability to
adapt to change.
- Must be able to identify and flag risks in a timely manner to
keep deliverables on track.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and
- Must have proven logic and decision-making abilities, critical
- Must be able to accommodate testing schedule as required.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the
organization is required. The level of this position will be based
on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. AveXis is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. #LI-MG1
Keywords: AveXis Inc., Longmont , Quality Control Supervisor (Global QC), Other , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!