MGR, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Company: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company)
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Facility: -BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EMSalary: $140,000 - $150,000
annuallyBonus (if applicable): 10% bonusShift: Benefits: Full-time
employees will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an
energized workforce with options for you and your family
including:--- Paid time off ------------------------ Paid
holidays------------------------------ 401(k) --- 401(k) matching
------------------ Health Insurance ------------------------ Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --------------- ---- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account--- Health
savings account ------ ---- Tuition Reimbursement ---------------
Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount --------------- Employee
assistance program------ Pet insurance--- Disability Insurance
--------- ---- Paid training ------------------------------- Other
benefits availableEqual Opportunity Employer.BI is one of the
leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider
of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States.
We excel at providing technological solutions to over 1,000
agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their
missions without worrying about the technical complexities.**This a
Hybrid position in the Boulder office with some remote
- The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible to
develop, execute, and maintains all BI Incorporated proprietary
software applications.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives the engineering efforts of software development within
the organization. Oversees the programming and modification of
proprietary software applications. - Stays informed of business
requirements and measures Company success in meeting those
requirements through high software development productivity and
- Serves as a key interface with internal and external
stakeholders in technical product development. Seeks customer
feedback during the development process to ensure continuous
improvement and timely resolution of customer issues presented with
the application of new releases into production. -
- Contributes to the strategic planning of new software
architecture and development initiatives to ensure the solution
remains relevant in terms of latest technology trends and talent
skills. Assists in the creation and monitoring of reliable software
development estimates. - This includes the active management of a
technical debt baseline and decision making of when technical debt
needs to be paid down. -
- Meets with internal management and end users on a regular basis
to define and understand complex business processes and
requirements, and communicate project status.
- Meets with department staff on a regular basis to receive and
validate project status reports, discuss and assist with design,
prioritization and production issues, and provide mentoring and
- Designs, develops and documents technical aspects of computer
software systems and related hardware interface components, based
on functional and system requirements, to produce accurate and
timely results for Company products. Works independently with a
minimum of assistance/guidance.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs;
conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work
processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software
- Leads team in producing their best work, including task
delegation, mentoring, resolving disputes, performance management,
recruiting, and optimizing development operations for high employee
satisfaction and productivity.
- Identifies and communicates issues with software design and
project implementation to stakeholders in a timely manner. Provides
regular project status reports including measurement of project
completion and key performance indicators (KPI).
- Develops and manages budgets for software development
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least four years of experience in software design and
- At least three years of experience in project management.
- At least three years of experience in managing a software
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with internal
and external contacts at all levels.
- Thorough familiarity with the product development life cycle
and extensive hands-on experience with multiple methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development
lifecycle methodology, such as Agile.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills. Ability to provide
technical mentoring to direct reports, evaluate technical
alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Proficiency in project management techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple project teams simultaneously and
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a
suitability determination preferred.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Benefits
- Three (3 )weeks paid time off
- Fifteen (15) paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Various discount programs
Keywords: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company), Longmont , MGR, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, IT / Software / Systems , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!