Human Resource Generalist
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: September 20, 2023
This position is responsible for coordinating the daily
functions of the Human Resources Team.BENEFITS:
- Pay Rate: HR Generalists make $60,000 to $80,000.
- Day 1 Benefits available: medical, dental, and vision
insurance, FSA/HSA and company-paid life insurance.
- Get paid early. Get paid fast.
- 401(k) with annual company match.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave accrual, college
tuition reimbursement, and more! ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS /
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:Other duties may be assigned. A teammate
in this position must have the ability to:
- Assist and observe in various training programs in order to
comply with McLane Company training practices and federal
- Facilitate mandatory harassment/substance abuse training,
safety, and arrange special classes for teammates.
- Maintain logo clothing, relocation billing, FMLA records,
Workers Compensation and safety investigations, documentation,
reporting and evacuation plans.
- Coordinate special events such as: CMN, United Way, Health
Fair, teammate parties, etc.
- Support for HR Manager as needed.
- Ensure that the McLane Company employment process is carried
out within legal guidelines and that each applicant is treated
fairly and consistently.
- Manage requisitions and develop appropriate recruitment
strategies with managers (i.e.: advertisements, internet).
- Coordinate and attend career fairs, receive, review, and screen
applications and resumes, communicate application status to
applicants, check references and verify previous employment.
- Advise supervisors on hiring/offer procedures, arrange
pre-employment paperwork and orientation, and maintain Jobs
- Promote teammate morale through open lines of communication and
- Coordinate teammate meetings assist in facilitation of New Hire
Orientation, and interact daily with teammates and managers.MINIMUM
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:A teammate in this position
- Have a bachelor s degree.
- Have 2+ years experience in Human Resources.
- Possess hands on experience in training and coaching.
- Understand safety practice guidelines.
- Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
PowerPoint will be useful; Peoplesoft experience preferred.
- Be able to identify and work through problems and conflicting
issues in a clear and diplomatic manner.
- Be able to review and interpret data, transactions, policies,
and business practices.
- Be an effective communicator (verbally and written) with
teammates at all levels.
- Be able to work in diverse and fast paced environment.WORKING
- Office environment.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Associated
topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, hrbp, human
resources associate, human resources generalist, officer,
operations partner, professional, representative
Keywords: McLane Company, Longmont , Human Resource Generalist, Human Resources , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!