Company: Support, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Compensation range: TBD/day.
This compensation arrangement is well-suited to potential
caregivers who are currently renting.
Live-In Companion/Caregiver - Longmont
Support Inc. is a highly regarded service agency that serves
individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We
have an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of
care and support for our clients and our host home providers. For
more information about our company, please visit us online at
COMPANION PROVIDER POSITION
We are seeking enthusiastic caregivers who are willing to provide
care to an individual who cannot live independently in their own
community and doesn't want to live in a communal setting. Host Home
Caregivers share homes and lives with individuals with
Developmental Disabilities (IDD). As a Live-In Caregiver you move
into the client's home and provide them hands-on support, and
ongoing daily care. You can help someone who has some daily
challenges and make a difference in their life as they become part
of your family. Caregiver will have their own living area in a
furnished basement and access to kitchen and living areas.
ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL:
This individual is a bright, fun-loving individua that enjoys being
active in the community. This individual would need assistance with
meal prep, some recreational activities if requested and assistance
with morning and evening routines. Some lifting required.
TO QUALIFY FOR THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY
- Must have experience with providing personal care
- Must have experience working with individuals with intellectual
and developmental disabilities
- Must have ability to use adaptive equipment for transfers and
bathing, training provided
- Should have a High school or equivalent education
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must complete training for Medication Administration, CPR/First
Aid and maintain ongoing training as deemed necessary
- No pets of full-time children
- Good sense of humor, patience, and a dedicated personality a
- Companions must be willing to be onboarded by Support, Inc and
pass the basic requirements
- The above includes completing a full application and passing
background and reference checks
The dedicated family and current providers will assist with his
person-specific training. This woman will be included with each
step of this interview and training process.
Caregivers Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care
- Assist with oral hygiene care, meal preparation
- Provide a variety of recreational activities to enhance social
- Include client in family life and activities
- Accompany client to supermarkets, museums, parks, dances,
recreation centers, etc.
- Provide transportation as needed
- Assist with medical care, including appointments and
- Provide documentation of progress notes and medical
- Provide training on life learning skills
THIS POSITION PROVIDES:
- Rewarding independent work
- Paid initial and ongoing training
- Assistance in finding Respite and home care Aid(s)
- Ongoing support and assistance
- Client programming and events
- And much more!
Support Inc. is a private community services agency.
Job Type: Contract
Support, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain
statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way
to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual
orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status,
gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational
qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
with unsolicited services or offers.
Keywords: Support, Inc., Longmont , Live-In Companion/Caregiver, Healthcare , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!