WyldLife Director - Longmont, CO
Company: Young Life
Posted on: September 17, 2023
WyldLife Director - Longmont, CO - Young Life Jobs Current
Openings Ways to Serve
- Ways to Serve
- Current Openings
WyldLife Director - Longmont, CO Description: St. Vrain Valley
Young Life encompasses the greater Longmont area. We are a 20
minute drive from Boulder and 30 minutes from Denver and Fort
Collins. The area has 19,000 middle and high school students
spanning 27 schools. Currently our area has clubs at two middle
schools, four high schools, Capernaum and coming soon Young Lives.
Our area has around 40 volunteer leaders made up of adults and
student leaders, a strong committee and six other part and
full-time staff. Responsibilities: The main responsibilities
include overseeing two middle school clubs. We ask that you would
be the team leader of one of the teams. The clubs are joint for
events, but there are two separate teams doing contact work at two
different schools. Spiritual Development - "Following Jesus"
includes prayer and spiritual disciplines, fellowship, growth and
health, and church relationships.
- Develop a yearly personal growth plan that fosters a vibrant
spiritual life including time for solitude, retreat, reflection,
prayer and a sincere commitment to understanding God's Word.
- Seek and maintain relationships and disciplines in the context
of active participation in a church community.
- Actively participate in the spiritual life of the Young Life
- Lead teams and individuals in spiritual development. Leadership
Development - "Equipping leaders, committee and staff" includes key
volunteer care, recruiting, team building and training, supervision
and vision casting.
- Meet with your volunteer leaders and area leadership on a
- Learn to recruit and train new leaders to build a leadership
team that reflects the community.
- Model excellence in contact work, club, Campaigners and camping
to other leaders.
- Assist in training leaders, team leaders and committee how to
work effectively in teams and develop a yearly ministry strategy.
Resource Development - "Fueling the ministry" includes events,
major donor care and personal fundraising.
- Raise financial support as directed and maintain good donor
care practices. We are asking for this position that $20,000 is
raised by the person.
- Communicate ministry updates and progress to personal donor
- Observe and learn to network and develop strategic
relationships with key adults in the community including
principals, pastors, parents and potential committee members as
assigned by the area director.
- Help with Banquet/end of year giving campaign/golf.
- Attend committee and adult functions as necessary and assigned.
Direct Ministry - "Proclaiming and modeling" includes contact work,
club, Campaigners and camp.
- Actively engage in all three levels of contact work.
- Lead a team to plan and conduct a new or existing Young Life
club and Campaigners/discipleship ministry with excellence.
- Lead a team to implement a summer and school-season camping
strategy for a ministry.
- Serve on a summer assignment at a Young Life camp each year.
Ministry Support - "Taking care of business" includes accounting,
administration, communication (internal), data management and
- Adhere to all Young Life policies and procedures and maintain
professionalism concerning office hours, dress, conduct and time
- Manage finances with stewardship, accountability and
transparency using missionwide applications.
- Maintain accurate information on kids, leaders and donors for
- Provide clear, prompt, appropriate and professional
communication to everyone involved in ministry.
- Set a yearly strategic ministry plan and initiatives to reach
every kid; review on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned and congruent with gifts,
experience and area needs. Training
- Core Training - Phase One (New Staff Training, Leadership I,
Leadership II, Apologetics and one Winter Training course are to be
completed in the first two years.)
- Training may be supervised by a regional director, regional
trainer or area to develop personal spiritual maturity and enhance
- May include regional training meetings and ministry skills
training assigned by the area director. Qualifications:
- Experience in direct ministry. WyldLife preferred.
- Team leader, student staff, or mission staff prior experience
- Humble and teachable.
- Passionate about evangelism and sharing the gospel with hard
- Skilled at leading others, casting vision, supporting and
- Live a life above reproach, live in the light and with
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (at no cost to you).
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401(k) matching plan (up to four percent).
- Health club benefit.
- And more ! How To Apply: Submit an online application,
including resume and cover letter, via the button below. Apply Now
Back to current openings page. Young Life is a mission devoted to
introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in
their faith. Young Life Sites
- camp websites
- Staff and Volunteers
- Job Opportunities
- 2004-2023 Young Life. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Young Life, Longmont , WyldLife Director - Longmont, CO, Executive , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!