CALLAHAN HOUSE MANAGER
Company: City of Longmont Colorado
Posted on: May 19, 2023
20230225 Callahan House Manager
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2023
APPLY ONLINE AT LONGMONTCOLORADO.GOV/JOBS
Department: External Services
Division: Recreation, Golf, Library, & Culture
Hiring Range: $5,344 - $5,938/month
Generally Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm with occasional evening and weekend
Regular Full-time with Benefits
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Defined Benefit Pension
Plan, 401(a) Money Purchase Plan, Life & Survivor, Term Life & AD&D, Long Term
Disability, Bereavement, Jury & Witness Duty, FMLA, Military Leave, Sick,
Vacation, Holiday pay, EAP, Tuition Assistance.
Other benefits: Optional, employee elected, voluntary benefits are available.
Manages the operations of the Historic Callahan House and Garden, including facility rentals,
marketing, program development, contracts, event logistics and execution, customer relations,
budget creation, fiscal management, fundraising and supervision of city, contract, custodial,
grounds and facility maintenance personnel.
* Promote and manage the overall programs and operations of the Historic Callahan House
* Promote the rental programs from various other Recreation & Culture facilities.
* Create, review and implement operational policies and procedures.
* Develop and implement goals, objectives, policies and guidelines for the Historic Callahan
House & Garden and other Recreation & Culture facilities.
* Direct marketing of the Callahan House and other Recreation & Culture facilities by
developing and implementing strategies that appeal to prospective customers for private
events. Create materials including but not limited to sales packets, news releases, social
media postings, brochures and web content.
* Manage Callahan House and other Recreation & Culture facilities space rental program
including pricing, contract management, staffing, scheduling and event design and
* Manage all sales related activities including phone and electronic inquiries from all sources.
Handle all customer contacts. Provide prospective customers with materials, estimates and
tours to facilitate event rentals.
* Plan event activities with customers. Connect customers with Callahan House and other
Recreation & Culture facilities suppliers and help them coordinate related activities to
create successful events.
* Organize and coordinate designated Callahan House sponsored events with the intent of
creating opportunities for the public to gain access to this historic icon and increase
awareness of the house as an event venue.
* Collect and remit revenue to the City, and prepare required financial reports. Continually
analyze the financial success of the operation with the intent of increasing revenues from
event sales by creating offerings and policies that are timely, current and appealing.
* Provide on-site event monitoring of club activities, city meetings and revenue generating
events at the Callahan House and other Recreation & Culture facilities.
* Prepare and manage the Callahan House and other Recreation & Culture facilities (as
assigned) annual operating and CIP budgets and funding requests. Manage and monitor
expenditures in accordance with City policies and procedures.
* Manage capital improvement projects to include planning, design, vendor solicitations, and
* Maintain and order supplies and materials. Manage the process and pay all
vendor/material invoices. Handle all Service and Vendor Contracts.
* Oversee purchasing processes including quotes, bids, RFPs, PO creation, payment and
receiving on capital and non-capital items.
* Attend and participate in all Callahan House Advisory Board meetings and submit monthly
reports to the Advisory Board regarding events and activities. Encourage Board
participation in House sponsored public events and projects.
* Work collaboratively with City staff and independent contractors to coordinate facility,
garden design, grounds maintenance and custodial activities at the Callahan House and
other Recreation & Culture facilities. Participate in vendor selection, project plans and
* Manage Callahan House catering policies and collaborate with purchasing to oversee the
appropriate process for creating and maintaining a preferred catering and vendor list.
* Assist in and create opportunities for fundraising projects, grants and in-kind donations to
augment available City funding and maintain the house and garden for the future.
* Inspect, coordinate and direct maintenance repairs and improvements at the Callahan
House to ensure safe operations.
* Oversee building security and respond to facility emergencies. Ensure patron and staff
safety by enforcing house policies and city policies particularly as it relates to responsible
alcohol service at events.
* Interview, hire, train and supervise temporary employees, contract workers and volunteers.
Assign and review work and evaluate performance. Process and monitor all contract
* Model organizational attributes in developing and maintaining effective working
relationships with direct reports, city staff, and colleagues, and in carrying out duties within
the organization and the community.
* Performs essential duties and additional tasks in a manner which enhances City Attributes.
Work may be performed in a variety of settings both indoors and outdoors. Subject to many
interruptions and to varying and unpredictable situations indoors and outdoors. Work
environment may be noisy. Work will require flexibility including irregular work hours. There will
be frequent walking, sitting, standing, climbing stairs, light lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds
with occasional moderate lifting and carrying up to 49 pounds. There will be occasional tasks
that require pulling, pushing, bending, keeling, squatting, reaching, and twisting. The candidate
for this position must be able to meet the physical requirements necessary to do the job.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an
accredited college or university plus five or more years or increasingly responsible management
experience in event production and execution, plus supervisory experience, or demonstrated
skills/training in supervision. Special
Qualifications: Valid Colorado driver's license required.
CPR, AED and First Aid certifications. TIPS Training.
We're committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. The
City may consider an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to
meet minimum qualifications, and encourages all candidates to apply and help us achieve our
goal of creating an inclusive and equitable workplace.
The selection process will include complete job description review, personal interview, physical
abilities testing, background investigation, criminal background check, and substance screening.
DEADLINE: 11:59 P.M. ON May 22, 2023
Online application (required) must be successfully submitted by 11:59 p.m. on May 22, 2023.
The online application process is available for this position on our website at
www.longmontcolorado.gov/jobs. Resumes will be accepted in lieu of the full City
Application; however, they must be submitted via the City application site for consideration. For
more information, call (303) 651-8609.
The City of Longmont offers Equal Opportunity for employment to all qualified applicants. It is the policy of the City
of Longmont not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
age, ancestry, veteran status, or disability unless related to a bona fide occupational requirement. If you need special
assistance in the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department in advance to make
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL CITY OF LONGMONT FACILITIES ARE SMOKE FREE
Keywords: City of Longmont Colorado, Longmont , CALLAHAN HOUSE MANAGER, Executive , Longmont, Colorado
here to apply!