Physician Center Medical Director Longmont, CO
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics
and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our
driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience
by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient,
affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers
(internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
The Center Medical Director works with the Center Leadership Team
at assigned Center, and under the direction of the Regional Medical
directs the Center's medical policies and programs ensuring the
delivery of affordable, efficient, responsible and accountable
occupational healthcare of the highest quality to business,
industry and patients in accordance with Concentra policies,
practices and procedures.Responsibilities:THE DETAILS
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care,
leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating
with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes
and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by
Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice
Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary
Care Case Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost
Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
- Manages clinicians and support staff and complies with APC
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment
with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality,
exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure
continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent
supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels,
charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and
other significant clinical changes.
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to
improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures
the ongoing development and growth of the center's business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and
payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing
levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction,
workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for
all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent
life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism,
patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and
reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across
disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial
drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to
achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent
with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center
budget and key business metrics.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
- Graduate of an accredited medical program with a M.D. or
- Must be board certified by ABPM, ABFM or medical board in the
state where employed and in accordance with state laws of
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- ACLS Certified, preferred
- Five to eight years of experience in occupational medicine,
urgent care or an emergency setting
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to
Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to
identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to
deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential
information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal
and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations, OSHA,
- Medicine knowledge
- Biology knowledge
- Chemistry knowledge
- Systems evaluation knowledge
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance
- Administration and management knowledge
- Customer and personal service knowledge including needs
assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation
of customer satisfaction
- Judgment and decision making
- Critical thinking
- Speaking to effectively convey information to supervisors,
peers, or customers
- Instructing skills to teach others
- Demonstrated knowledge of techniques and information needed to
diagnose and treat human injuries.
- Demonstrated administration and management knowledge
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive
to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Ability to "put patients first" and enjoys treating
- Superior patient/customer service and "bed side manner"
- Must be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Demonstrates a value of all contributions to product and
- Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor (no
arrogance) at all times both to external and internal clients.
- Agrees, supports and commits to Concentra's core practice
standards and Policies and Procedures.
- Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others according to
professional standards and practice guidelines.
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach, and develop staff.
- Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members
to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited,
observed, and reviewed; is positively responsive to feedback.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and
- Basic computer skills, including email
- Preferred experience with electronic medical record
- Familiarity with corporate human resource policy and
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to coach, instruct and teachAdditional
- Many of our clinics offer working hours M-F, 8 to 5, no nights,
no weekends, no holidays - along with 30+ days off a year.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine
Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Varied annual stipend based on visit volume and scope of
responsibilityThis position is eligible to earn a base compensation
rate in the range of $215,000 to $245,000 depending on job-related
factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of
experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including
Keywords: Concentra, Longmont , Physician Center Medical Director Longmont, CO, Executive , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!