Head of Project Management - Biopharma
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Job DescriptionOur client is -seeking a highly motivated and
entrepreneurial applicant to join our team as a full-time Head for
the Project Management Department responsible for developing,
maintaining, and executing plans across the company within the
Early-Stage Development & Testing business unit. This role requires
an ability to interact with technical staff and consistently
translate project activities across our teams into visible project
plans. The successful candidate will be able to communicate project
status and issues/risks across the site leadership team. This
person will be responsible for implementing project management
techniques including managing detailed project plans across
multiple programs. This position is well suited for those that have
demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and
problem-solving skills. Experience with early-stage drug
development is highly preferred, including an understanding of GxP.
This position supports the achievement of site operational
objectives, drives strategic growth opportunities in alignment with
business unit and company goals, and serves on the site leadership
team. - This position reports to the Vice President and Site
- Lead and manage assigned project managers to ensure the
development of the PM activities and timelines and ensure proper
integration and alignment of managed projects across the business
- Provide direction and oversight to cross-functional project
teams. Plan, lead and facilitate regular cross-functional project
team meetings. Develop detailed task lists and work effort
assessments and short and long-term resource allocation plans based
on input from all key players and team members.
- Develop standards, processes, and tools used for effective
project scheduling and to set and manage quality targets.
- Perform project management functions for assigned projects,
ensuring project goals, timeframe, accountability, and budget are
- Continually review and ensure adequate resources are available
to meet deliverables and milestones.
- Develop, lead, and implement continuous improvement for
assigned projects and programs.
- Act as the key relationship manager for assigned clients;
recommend courses of action regarding client management issues;
gain approval and support from senior management across the
organization for the plan.
- Develop relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs) and
leverage SMEs' knowledge to resolve new challenges.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres
to professional standards and SOPs, providing performance feedback
to team members' respective supervisors.
- Aid in the development and maintenance of key project
performance indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that
the KPIs are within the scope of the project contract.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish
succession plans for key resources.
- Collaborate with departmental representatives to anticipate and
identify project risks and develop action and resolution plans.
Communicate issues and risks, develop plans to remove or mitigate
them, and escalate as warranted. -
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels to
provide accurate information to the leadership team.Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Life sciences or related master's or
other advanced degree is preferred. PMP certification is also
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in a
pharmaceutical company/CDMO with 4+ years managing PM teams. -
Experience with project management software systems. Familiarity
with Smartsheet is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate
staff within a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team
members to seek solutions independently.
- Experience successfully managing teams, setting goals, managing
performance, mentoring, and coaching. - A self-starter with the
ability to make sound decisions about scheduling, manage priorities
and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible during times of change with the ability to navigate
and resolve ambiguity.
- Must be results-driven and goal-oriented with the ability to
anticipate potential problems and resolve them before cost and
schedule are impacted.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
skills with the ability to effectively communicate within
cross-functional teams and with upper management. -
- Ability to comprehend the Company's overarching strategic
approach to understand and addresses inter-dependencies within
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative
environment. Openly shares knowledge/information needed to
accomplish a task or solve a problem.BenefitsHowever, base pay
offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, education,
skills and experience of the applicant, internal equity, and
alignment with market data. This position includes a competitive
benefits package. -
Keywords: Bevov, Longmont , Head of Project Management - Biopharma, Executive , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!