Assistant General Manager
Company: First Transit
Posted on: July 31, 2022
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation
contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have
supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around
expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today,
we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million
passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states,
Puerto Rico, and Canada.
About the Position
Join the First Family in Longmont, CO! The AGM is responsible for
all transportation activities, including the dispatching of
vehicles on schedule, the oversight of the vehicles and Operators
while in service, and processing and verifying operations payroll.
If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we
are looking for you!
* Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in
activities involved in daily transit operations.
* Works with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that vehicles
dispatched are in proper working conditions.
* Prepares and verifies operations payroll.
* Develops manpower requirements for Road Supervisors, Dispatchers,
Operators, and Service Personnel.
* Coordinates operations personnel selection, recruitment, and
training with the Safety Manager.
* Assists in developing procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road
Supervisors, Operators, and Service personnel.
* Ensures accurate and timely collection and reporting of farebox
* Assists with the preparation of the annual budget.
* Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Included in the
evaluation of activities are the following: Vehicle on-time
statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total
pay hours, customer compliant data, accident data, road call data,
and other operations-related functions.
* Recommends and disciplines operations personnel.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required/Bachelor's degree is
* Minimum five (5) years of public transit experience with
* Must have knowledge of transit operations, maintenance, and
* Must have knowledge of Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
requirements and guidelines.
* Must have good communication skills.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on
role, location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where
all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and
diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which
means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security,
injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the
heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First
Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Longmont , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!