Vice President, Boulder County Campus and Workforce Development
Company: Front Range Community College
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Vice President, Boulder County Campus and Workforce Development
Admin/Pro-Tech Longmont, CO ------- ID: 1202872 -------
Front Range Community College-- Vice President, Boulder County
Campus and Workforce Development -- Who We Are -- We are the
largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000
credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial
American Association of Community Colleges--Pathways Project ,
recently selected as a "Most Promising Place to Work" in Diverse
Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for
transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication.
We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving
student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant
investments in advising and other student support programs.-- -- We
also have--a strong commitment to equity, inclusion and
diversity.--We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that
matches our student community and will support our Philosophy of
Inclusion .-- -- We are guided by the philosophy "One College, Many
Communities." Campuses share many common values, goals, and
practices,--but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to
develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual
communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its
strategic plan. For more information, visit the
following:--www.frontrange.edu --and--VISION 2020 . -- Who You Are
As the Vice President of the Boulder County Campus and Workforce
Development, you will provide innovative and collaborative
leadership; support the college goals and values of student
success, equity and inclusion, teaching excellence, outstanding
student support, and transparent communication. As part of the
President's Cabinet, you will collaborate with college leaders to
set college-wide vision and goals, coordinate operations and
programs for maximum effectiveness and efficiency, and ensure that
FRCC functions as one college. You will provide campus leadership,
direction, and management to ensure that the campus delivers
outstanding service to students and its community, and meets key
college goals. You will lead the college's non-credit training
department and will develop and lead a systematic review of
workforce data and trends. -- You will represent FRCC to civic,
business, educational and governmental constituents within the
campus service area and in some cases college-wide. You will
collaborate with the President and the Executive Director of the
FRCC Foundation to raise funds for key initiatives in the campus
service area. -- SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until
filled with a priority deadline of--January 25,--2021.-- -- In your
application, please include a resume and cover letter that
specifically addresses how your background and experience align
with requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of
the--Vice President of Boulder County Campus and Workforce
Development.-- -- SALARY:--$125,000 to $135,000 annually-- --
BENEFITS: 2020 - 2021 APT & Faculty Benefits -- PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Collaborate with other President's Cabinet members to set
college-wide vision and goals, to coordinate operations and
programs across campuses and online, and to ensure that FRCC
functions as one college and implement the goals of the FRCC
- Direct and coordinate day-to-day operational and budget matters
for Boulder County Campus instructional departments, campus-based
aspects of student affairs, and facilities operations. Ensure that
all programs and services offered on campus provide outstanding
service to students, support teaching excellence, student success,
and equity in student outcomes, are fiscally sound and meet
college, system, and governmental policies and guidelines.
- Collaborate with college-wide leaders to coordinate operations
of college-wide departments on the Boulder County Campus, including
campus safety, financial aid, registrar's office and fiscal
- Oversee and lead the college-wide workforce development
department, which provides outstanding, customized, non-credit
training to businesses, creates partnerships with local workforce
centers, and helps develop new credit partnerships with area
businesses and economic development agencies. Works collaboratively
with other Vice Presidents and Instructional Deans to foster
collaborative, college-wide efforts between credit and noncredit
- Provide leadership and oversight for apprenticeship programs
college-wide, supervising Apprenticeship Director(s).
- Regularly review and disseminate data to deans and Cabinet on
workforce development needs in the Colorado and the FRCC service
areas. Coordinate a program review process in conjunction with the
academic affairs department and campus vice-presidents using key
- Foster a campus and college climate and culture that promotes
key college values of equity, collaboration, innovation, open
communication with all constituencies, and ongoing staff
development. Mentors and develops direct reports, forming strong
campus and workforce leadership teams that collaborate effectively
with other college leaders.
- Represent the college in key community organizations in the
campus area and create relationships with community stakeholders to
ensure that the college remains current and forward thinking in
meeting community and workforce needs.
- Develop new programs and partnerships, including concurrent
enrollment partnerships, to meet community needs. Revise or sunset
programs and partnerships that are no longer effective.
- Lead development of campus budget and ensure that the campus
and department appropriately monitors spending to remain within
Required Skills REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:--
- People Leadership and Team Building: Hire appropriate staff,
set staff and campus goals, build teams that innovate and
collaborate, directly address conflicts and poor performance.
Enhance a campus culture that promotes student success through
actively seeking feedback, recognizing employee successes, and
- Workforce, Community Relations and Partnership Development:
Create partnerships with businesses, cities, economic development
agencies, and non-profits to develop and maintain non-credit and
credit academic programs that meet key workforce needs and support
- Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity: Develop relationships and
partnerships with diverse communities in the service area; working
with Cabinet to establish programs to support equity in student
outcomes; championing equity on campus through programming;
collaborating with Human Resources to develop increased diversity
in staff and faculty.
- Clear and persuasive written and oral communication; commitment
to transparency and dialog with campus constituents: Regular
written updates to campus; presentations at campus in-service
meetings and community events, presentations to college-wide
project teams and to Cabinet, interviews with the press, timely
sharing of key information to campus constituents.
- Collaboration: FRCC functions as one college. Campus leaders
work together to support students across the college through
developing college wide plans, policies and practices that support
- Innovation and Initiative: Develop new programs and
partnerships; help the college create new ways of approaching
workforce development (e.g. competency based learning,
micro-credentials, apprenticeships, condensed programs) and
incorporate a variety of delivery methods including mobile labs,
online and video conferencing.
- Planning and Budgeting: Collaborate to develop college annual
and strategic plan and campus implementation plans, including
program development plans; create and monitor yearly campus
- Project Management: Lead campus and college-wide project teams
for program development and other strategic initiatives.--
- Fundraising and Grants: Garner industry support for
scholarships and equipment for existing or new programs. Work with
the grants department to develop new and innovative grant
- Enrollment Management and Promotion: Oversee local outreach and
recruitment efforts; collaborate with the Marketing department to
establish regional marketing plans.
- School District Relations: Develop concurrent enrollment
partnerships and other programs.
- Facilities Operations and Planning and Safety: Oversee the
campus facilities director, responsible for building operations,
cleaning, and minor repairs. Collaborate with the college-wide
facilities management department to develop longer-term campus
maintenance and remodeling plans. Convene and oversee the campus
emergency operations team.
Required Experience REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Seven or more years of increasingly responsible leadership and
supervision that includes oversight of multiple
departments/functions, strategic planning, budget development,
personnel management, team building, and program development.
- Experience in creating and sustaining credit and/or non-credit
work force development programs.
- History of creating and sustaining partnerships, especially in
- Experience in a position that required excellent verbal and
written communication skills.
- Commitment to developing long-term relationships with industry
- Experience managing personnel, especially personnel in multiple
units, which included defining and evaluating employee performance
and addressing personnel conflict.
- Demonstrated understanding of the community college role and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and a demonstrated ability
to lead complex organizations that value and respect
- Systematic examples of collaboration and effective and open
- Examples of innovation and initiative in identifying and
solving significant problems.-- PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK
- Leadership experience in higher education, preferably community
- Higher education fundraising and grant development.
- Understanding of facilities management, facilities planning,
and capital budgets.
- Two or more years of college teaching experience.-- Welcoming.
Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.
Keywords: Front Range Community College, Longmont , Vice President, Boulder County Campus and Workforce Development, Executive , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!