Generator Controls Engineer
Company: Baker Hughes Holdings LLC
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Generator Controls Engineer
Are you interested in working in our Energy Transition Space?
Join our Baker Hughes Team!Our Digital Solutions business provides
intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our
energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of
mind needed to improve their operations reliably and
Partner with the bestThis is a global business with regional
engineering teams supporting the factory-based team. In this role,
you will be responsible for technical ownership and interfacing
with the regional engineering resources daily to coordinate the
gathering of field data, support phone meetings with customers, and
phone support during commissioning.
As a Generator Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing project information to understand the scope. This
includes schedules, process flows, manuals, commercial
documentation, and engineering specs.
- Applying electrical and mechanical engineering principles to
analyze, design, test, and troubleshoot industrial process control
systems, while minimizing cost. Ensure all products meet quality
- Designing and understanding technical plans, blueprints,
drawings, and models.
- Having knowledge of how various systems interact with one
another and how changes in operations, the environment, and other
conditions will affect the process.
- Providing customers with technical direction and support.
- Supporting site commissioning and customer communication both
internal and external.
- Troubleshooting complex mechanical, electrical, control, and
process issues on live systems as well as simulations
- Designing control systems for interface to existing unit
operations equipment, and evaluating all system components,
requirements, and interactions.
- Programing/configuring control system software in a visual
- Being responsible to coordinate and lead technical design
reviews of projects and updating and archived all required
documentation. Demonstrated expertise in technical problem
resolution, especially with respect to the power plant and other
- Being accountable for project deliverables, customer CTQ
(critical to quality) compliance, and on-time schedule
- Supporting streamlining of engineering processes and business
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's Degree in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology,
Engineering, Mathematics) from an accredited college or
- Have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as
- Have a minimum 1 year of engineering experience with excitation
or power electronics hardware and/or software control systems
- Have the ability to relocate to the Longmont/Denver, CO
- Be familiar with various control systems from different
manufacturers - GE, Emerson, ABB, Rockwell, Siemens, Brush, Reivax,
- Have knowledge and experience with electrical and mechanical
- Have the ability to support multiple projects
- Have a flexible mindset and be willing to be interested in
learning about new systems and processes.
- Have influence, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.Work in
a way that works for youWe recognize that everyone is different and
that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best
is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the
following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the
day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most
Working with usOur people are at the heart of what we do at Baker
Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed,
engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We
invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and
reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the
best in each other.
Working for youOur inventions have revolutionized energy for over a
century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to
push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who
embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their
input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- The pay range for this role will be:$76,000-82,000
- You will be eligible to participate in the Baker Hughes
Fullstream Short-term incentive program applicable for the above
position. The actual payout for your short-term incentive award
will be based on company and individual performance and is
contingent upon Baker Hughes achieving pre-determined financial
- You will be eligible to participate in Company-sponsored
benefit programs, including health & welfare programs and the
Thrift Plan (401k). You will have a choice of coverage options that
best suit your needs. Coverage options and contribution amounts are
related to your benefit elections, base salary level and specific
requirements of each of these plans.About UsWith operations in over
120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and
richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the
energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon
emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to
help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about
making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Join UsAre you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in
a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients?
Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and
inspire you!About Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we
provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities
for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're
committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're
always looking for the right people to help us get there. People
who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner
and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in
a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become
part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's
come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Baker Hughes Holdings LLC, Longmont , Generator Controls Engineer, Engineering , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!