Company: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company)
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Facility: -BOULDERSHQ EMCompensation Base: -$90,000 - $110,000
annuallyCompensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado
and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring
solutions in the United States. We excel at providing technological
solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those
agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the
technical complexities. **Remote work options are
available**Security EngineerExperienced Security Engineers-a world
of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of
opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you've
worked so hard to build? We can help!About the RoleResponsible for
all security functions to ensure the secure operation of the
corporate computer systems, servers, and network connections. -
Supports -network, -servers and desktop systems and applications. -
- -Specific focus will be supporting the creation and management of
required documentation -for security-related technical initiatives.
- Assists in ensuring policies and procedures are followed with
strong cross-departmental collaboration. - -What You'll Be
- Deploys and manages security system assets
- Troubleshoots problems with network and security
- Designs, implements, and reports on security system and end
user activity audits
- Oversees penetration testing of all systems
- Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs,
and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity
- Assesses need for any security and network reconfigurations,
minor or significant
- Provides Tier 3 support for any virus or malware issues on
- Assists in the creation, implementation and enforcement of
policies and procedures
- Implements and maintains system security administration and
- Incorporates industry standard best practices following the
NIST cybersecurity framework
- Monitors end user accounts, permissions and access rights for
all corporate systems
- Contributes security aspects to DevSecOps integration including
approval of all code and hardening activities to corporate
- Performs security audits of new server builds prior to
insertion on the network
- Monitors and regularly reports on SOX compliance and status of
audits while actively working on FedRAMP ATO compliance
- Keeps current with emerging security best practices
- Oversees the security change control management process
- Performs other duties as assigned -Job Requirements:What You'll
Bring to the Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or
related field or equivalent experience.
- Cybersecurity or equivalent certification preferred.
- At least five years of experience in the following areas:
- Computer network and/or system operations and IT security
- Network firewall and VPN security appliances
- SSL VPN and/or IPSEC VPN experience
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must live in the U.S. 3 of the last 5 years (military and study
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection
(SIEM), -vulnerability scanning, patching automation,
infrastructure hardening, and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, -technologies, -and
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensics tools,
-technologies, -and methods.
- Experience designing secure networks, -systems, -and
application architectures preferred.
- Working experience supporting SOX and/or FedRAMP ATO compliance
- Working -knowledge of network, TCP/IP, SSL, VPN, DNS, OS
(Unix/Linux/Windows) -and -related -security principles.
- Observational skills to validate data obtained via log files
and network scanning.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve complex -cybersecurity
- Ability to communicate technical issues to all levels. -
- Ability to share knowledge and experience -across team.
- Ability to provide detailed and summary documentation.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain
- Ability to travel to -support the security posture of the
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.BenefitsAs a Security Engineer,
you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing
organization with a great deal of diversification that will present
you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work
and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive
compensation package that includes full benefits.Your benefits will
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs -Your world of opportunities begins
here! Apply today!
Keywords: BI Incorporated (A GEO Company), Longmont , SECURITY ENGINEER, Engineering , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!