Company: First Transit
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Fleet Maintenance Technician First Transit, a leader in
fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance
services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II! First Transit is
proud to offer:
- $26.48 - $28.78/HR based on experience & qualifications (NOT
- $5,000 Sign on bonus!*
- An additional $.25/hour for each ASE certification you possess
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! Fleet Maintenance Mechanic II Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other
- Remove and replace engine, transmission and differential
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required. Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic II Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test. Apply today to join our team! First
Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of
transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and
Puerto Rico. We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all. *Conditions apply.
Offer expires 12.31.21.
Keywords: First Transit, Longmont , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Longmont, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!