FITNESS INSTRUCTOR 5 - ZUMBA, NIA
Company: City of Longmont Colorado
Posted on: May 19, 2023
20230047 Fitness Instructor 5 - ZUMBA, NIA
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
APPLY ONLINE AT LONGMONTCOLORADO.GOV/JOBS
Department: Recreation, Golf, Library and Cultural
Hiring Range: $23.78 - $25.03/hour
Various hours available: weekdays and weekends.
Part Time Temporary
Benefits required by law are included such as Jury & Witness Duty, Sick Leave,
Social Security, and Medicare.
Open Until Filled positions may close without advance notice. To be considered, please
apply as soon as possible.
Responsible for providing instruction for specialized group land or aquatic classes at the
Recreation facilities or pools. Class instruction can include Zumba, Aqua Zumba, NIA or
other specialized fitness formats for participants of varying levels of fitness skill and ability.
* Prepare class format/content appropriate for the type of class and level of participants.
Monitor class participants to ensure proper use of equipment training/exercise techniques.
* Follow and enforce the safety, policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct of
patrons using the facility.
* Interacts with class participants and demonstrate exercises or training activities that may
include the following actions: aerobic dance exercises, jogging, dancing, stepping, marching,
hopping, skipping, jumping, bending, stretching, weight lifting, full body movement, etc. for
different levels and abilities.
* Completes attendance records for each class.
* Responds to emergency situations in an appropriate manner, understands, implements and
follows emergency action procedures.
* Completes incident or accident reports if an injury occurs.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings and/or training.
* Operate equipment as required by the position.
* Provide excellent customer service to class participants.
* Positively represent the City of Longmont when teaching. Be a positive liaison to the City.
* Maintain facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
* Report on inventory of instructional equipment and condition.
* Assist in promoting other fitness and recreation programs and special events.
* Performs essential duties and additional tasks in a manner which enhances City Attributes.
Working conditions are performed either indoors or outdoors and involves exposure to hot and
cold temperatures, high humidity, direct sunlight and/or moderate to loud background noise.
Working requirements include good physical fitness conditioning, customer contact, working
alone or closely with others. Work may require up to two hours per class in chemically treated
water. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to meet
physical demands that are described as moderate, with ability to walk, stand, use of hands,
handle objects and tools, twist, kneel, and squat. Work occasionally involves custodial duties.
Must have and maintain certification from a nationally recognized group fitness or trainer
certification such as ACE, AFAA, ASCM, NSCA. Must have current certifications for specialized
class formats. Previous experience as a fitness instructor or athletic trainer preferred. Current
certification in American Red Cross Community First Aid and Safety, CPR/AED training or able to
obtain within the first three months of hire.
The selection process will include complete job description review, personal interview,
background investigation, criminal background check, and substance screening.
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
An ONLINE APPLICATION is required. This job is Open Until Filled. The online application
process is available for this position on our website at www.longmontcolorado.gov/jobs.
Resumes will be accepted in lieu of the full City Application; however, they must be submitted
via the City application site for consideration. Open Until Filled positions may close without
advance notice. To be considered, please apply as soon as possible. For more information,
call (303) 651-8609.
The City of Longmont offers Equal Opportunity for employment to all qualified applicants. It is the policy of the City
of Longmont not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
age, ancestry, veteran status, or disability unless related to a bona fide occupational requirement. If you need special
assistance in the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department in advance to make
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL CITY OF LONGMONT FACILITIES ARE SMOKE FREE
Keywords: City of Longmont Colorado, Longmont , FITNESS INSTRUCTOR 5 - ZUMBA, NIA, Education / Teaching , Longmont, Colorado
here to apply!